Philippians 3:1 “Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.”
There are certain things that we need to be continually reminded of. We are so prone to lose sight of the basics. And these are the things that we need to be constantly reminded about:
- God reigns.
- God rules.
- God’s in control.
We worship God in the spirit. We rejoice in Jesus Christ in what he has done for us because we have absolutely no confidence in our flesh. It is a tragedy today that there are many people who are trusting in the fact that they were once baptized in water, to have the feeling that everything is good.
Paul said, who are You, Lord, that I might serve You?
- And the Lord answered, I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
- And Paul said, what do You want me to do, Lord?
- There in that moment, he came to the excellency of the knowledge that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, that He was the Lord.
- And Paul immediately counted loss this whole righteous kind of establishment that he had built up in the legalism of the law—out the door!
- And now to have a living relationship with God through Jesus Christ, which was more important than all of that walking being of the past.