At Calvary, our mission is to know Jesus and to make Him known.
To that end, we place emphasis on the study of God’s Word and the proclamation of the gospel message—that Jesus Christ died to save us from our sins and He offers us the free gift of eternal life. We are committed to helping people come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and to walk alongside them as they grow and mature into healthy and productive followers of Christ.
Calvary Chapel Distinctives
Read the eBook, Calvary Chapel Distinctives (.pdf download)
Our Statement of Faith
A Statement of Faith is a written declaration of the church’s position on the essentials beliefs of historical Christianity.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. Therefore, our ministry emphasizes the exposition of God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of Christ and the Virgin Birth. We believe in His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God, and His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance of sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved will be resurrected unto life, and those that are lost will be resurrected unto damnation.
We believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we hold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of Communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.
Our Ministry Philosophy
We believe that the book of Acts of the Apostles (really, the Acts of the Holy Spirit in and through the apostles), as well as the epistles of the New Testament give us the principles by which the church is to function.
We place great importance on the exposition of the Scriptures. And a specific emphasis on verse-by-verse, chapter-by-chapter teaching through the entire Bible.
We rely strongly upon the ministry of the Holy Spirit and seek to remain flexible to His leading.
We believe that the Holy Spirit’s leading will always be consistent with the clear teaching of the Scripture.
We are convinced that, where God guides, He provides. Therefore we trust the Lord to provide for and to build His church.
We seek to worship and serve the Lord within the context of our culture, yet we recognize that the culture must conform to the Scriptures, not the Scriptures to the culture.
Some of the key questions that guide our church decision-making are:
- How is God glorified through this?
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- Does this contribute to church health?
- Colossians 2:7 – rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
- Are lives being transformed?
- Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- Are people learning the Bible?
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 – For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
- Are people in relationship?
- 1 John 1:3 – that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
Calvary Chapel Distinctives
Our Doctrinal Statement for Church Employees
The doctrine that governs church leaders and employees. Available from the pastor upon request.